Friday, January 28, 2011

Burlesque

Well, yesterday I went and saw Burlesque! It is an AWESOME movie. I probably just say that because I love the style and the music, it had an awesome Cabaret feel to it, it also seemed kinda like Coyote Ugly, which is another movie I love!
Yeah, I'm pretty much a sucker for corsets and music :)

I also got the first season of Spice & Wolf on dvd :) I have to say though, the Japanese version sounds a lot better... But that's probably because I originally watched it in Japanese. I watched it when the episodes came out once a month! :D so when I watch it now it seems to go a lot faster than what I remember it to be XD

Spice & Wolf is pretty much about a wolf god named Holo and a merchant called Kraft Lawrence travelling together, Holo comes along because Lawrence promised her that he would take her to the north. It's set in what seems a lot like Europe in the Middle Ages, a large amount of people are following the church, and fewer are following the Pagan Gods. So if Holo is found she will pretty much be exorcised to "get the devil out of her"
It's a funny and interesting story, it's fairly different too, so if you are interested in anime and manga, I'd suggest having a look at it :)
So yeah, my internet was down AGAIN today. That was terribly annoying >_< so I didn't get to post anything. I feel like drawing women in corsets at the moment, so I might give that a shot :)

Oh! Also, I got new books for school, along with highlighters and pens... And a new 2B mechanical pencil! :D yay!

I'm also watching the second season of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya season 2 :)
For those who don't know about that series, it's fairly hard to explain without giving away the entire plot, but I'll do the best I can:
It's based around an average guy called Kyon, there is nothing really special about him, he doesn't believe in anything, upon entering North High he meets Haruhi Suzumiya, who introduces herself as not being interested in normal human beings, which, naturally picks her out as being the weird one. A few days later Kyon starts talking to her and eventually they become something like friends. Haruhi is having trouble picking a club to join, so Kyon suggests that she make her own club... And thus the SOS brigade is born! :D
It's pretty funny and really good, check it out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment