Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pride and Homophobia

Alright, I didn't talk about this before because I forgot, but last weekend I went to the Melbourne LGBTI Pride March :) I can not explain how amazing it was. I made a bunch of new friends, ran into old ones, met ones I had met through Minus18. They kept this very lively atmosphere! It was amazing, and I have never in my life felt so instantly welcomed amongst a group of strangers and almost strangers. I guess that kinda made my day.

At first me, D and C got completely lost on our way to Pride, and ended up stalking a group of people that appeared to be going to the pride march... Then after it was apparent that they were lost too, I was told to talk to them because apparently I have a ''cute voice'' ....Yeah right. Anyway we made friends with them (and I'm kinda hoping I run into them at the rally because I couldn't remember there names D:)

Anyway, I saw heaps of cool stuff, like brides on stilts, the drag queens I just LOVE! <3 "Dykes on Bikes" which was really cool! Girlfriend has her learners for her orange moped. It looks like an alien :3 I shall call it the little orange alien from now on!

Anyway we marched all the way down the a festival with everyone standing at the sides and cheering us! There was only ONE protester! And you couldn't even hear him over the cheering :)

And I got a rainbow flag! It now hangs proudly in my room, next I'll get the rainbow wallet :3

Of course I was taken down a bit when later on in the week I heard these two guys on the bus spouting a sh*t load of homophobic bullsh*t, it's probably the worst I've ever heard! It made me want to cry. I also wondered if the guy they were talking about wanted to kill himself or was major depressed =\ because if they talked about it like that, I wondered how they would act around him. It seriously makes me sad when I see two kids around the age of 15 acting with such a closed minded homophobic attitude. I seriously hope I never have to hear anything like that again. So what did I do about it? First I txt'd girlfriend saying "Two homophobic PR*CKS sitting behind me" and flashed it around so they could obviously see it. Then I turned around and said "People have killed themselves because of people like you. Would you f*cking listen to yourselves? Shut up." :) I then got into a long and heated argument with them, and then as they got up to get off the bus one tried to spit on me, which I saw coming and defended myself with my diary.
I don't regret doing what I did. And I'd do it a thousand times over, no one deserves to be treated like sh*t, and no one deserves to hear that sh*t coming out of someones mouth.

Anyway, on a positive note, GIRLFRIEND IS PLANNING TO COME DOWN TO MELBOURNE FOR THE HOLIDAYS! :D Gosh, I'm so excited <3
I get to call her and have a lovey conversation with her on Valentines Day after all <3 soon will come a day when I can cuddle her on Valentines Day too!

1 comment:

  1. o.e I wish you had hit those jerks. I'm sorry you had to go through that sissy

    ReplyDelete