Monday, February 7, 2011

Ack! Music theory

So I've only just started my music class, and I already how I'm failing. So I am putting all my effort into studying from various sites that people have recommended, I'm so lost it can't even be considered funny... Yet people still laugh at me. It's rather intimidating, because all these people in my class are AWESOME at music theory... just bad at explaining it to me. I'm going to seriously have to start getting better with this, I want my teacher to stop looking at me with that hopeless case look she gives me! I'm a singer! We don't learn as much theory! D:

I'm going to be learning guitar again in a couple of weeks time :) My friend B has promised that he would teach me if I pay him $10 each lesson! Maybe I could be one of those awesome singing and guitar playing people you see on youtube... It's not as easy as it looks. Trust me. I have tried it.
Check out this awesome and pretty youtube singer!
Seriously, who can call themselves a performer if they haven't performed Iris? :) It's an amazingly beautiful song! And you have to admit, she's pretty damn amazing herself!

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out what songs I should learn in my singing classes, so far my ideas are:


Daughters – John Mayer
Behind Blue Eyes – The Who
Like a star - Coinne Bailey Rae
The Pot - Tool

Any suggestions are more than welcome!
And for now, farewell!

1 comment:

  1. You learn the theory and notes so you can sight-sing. :) Though only pros do that because it is incredibly difficult... I'll help you with a tiny bit of theory if you want? do you know the basic scales?

    ReplyDelete