Saturday, March 12, 2011

No offence.

Because I am in high school at the moment I probably hear this more commonly then people who have a full time job or whatever.. But then again, I may not. Who knows.

I'm here today to talk about "Jokes" that are anything but. They are creul, sexist, racist, homophobic and just not funny. And completely and utterly offensive.
I know you have heard them before, but I will list some anyway.

"That's so gay"
"You're so gay"
"That's so racist" ...I honestly don't understand how this one became a joke. But there are so many racist jokes still out there.
"Dyke"
"Fag"
That whole women belong in the kitchen one.

Okay, think about this for a while. Let them go through your head, think of situations where that would be said.

Q: Is this funny?
A: No.
Q: Is this okay?
A: No.

Seriously. It's fucking hurtful. So lay off and think before you speak.

And guess what? People are actually using the words "Dyke" and "Fag" to describe people. It's bullshit! How would you feel if you were on the receiving end of that?
It's bad enough that we don't get marriage rights, adoption rights and many more.
We don't need this torment.

Homophobia isn't just name calling.
Who you vote for affects us.
Too many people have been beaten for who they are. With very few people willing to rescue the person.
I hate to say it, and I know it's pretty much just the extremists. But the church also sides with homophobia
Lectivus 20:13
"And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
Like I said, with the church the only people who tend to believe this are the people who follow the bible word for word. I do not mean to offend anyone.


I've been noticing homophobia often lately and it is affecting me once again.
I hate feeling like I'm in this constant battle just because I am who I am.
Sorry if this is confusing. I've got a killer headache.



No comments:

Post a Comment